Thursday, August 07, 2008

Orientation, or in my case, crashing orientation has been fun! Its been a while since i let my inhibitions go and do stupid things like rolling with 2 other guys around in the field while transporting water to the other end using our mouths.

Or, passing morsels of food one one to the next for ten people, using only our mouth. Worse still, each one is supposed to take a bite of whatever pokky, potato chip, or marshmallow thats being passed. It sucks to be the last guy..

Or, playing captain's ball, using halved watermelons and oranges as the "balls".

I know, Eew.

its been quite a while since i did something that stupid. It did take quite a fair bit of mental resolve to turn back into the sec 2 kid that i was during games. (okay, it was quite easy), but my point is that I'm just tad more willing to step out of my comfort zone after that.

I am also eternally grateful for the bunch of people that i've been stuck on to like a limpet for these couple of weeks, hanging on for dear life. Really, life savers! And yes yes, to Rahjong as well. Fantastic group of people:) Now maybe i don't have to be a uni hermit! haha....

Also, the cheers seemed vulgar and uncouth at first, but after a while, they kinda grow on you, and people who have been hanging around me after a day there know that i'm REALLY QUITE fond of them. LONG JOHN! haha, sorry geoff.

So, a couple of days more and I'll be 21, people say its a huge step to take, well, i'm not too convinced as of now, but yea, i'm rather looking forward to it. :) What better way to celebrate my birthday with the first day of school right? Right?

I really don't know what to expect from this semester. So many new things, and for one, i'm learning a new language, German. I'll just pray that i'll have the tenacity of mind to go through with it. Really.

Whole new chapter just waiting to be revealed when i turn the page on Sunday night.

Excited?

No comments: