Thursday, August 21, 2008

My free day.

Since School has started last week, each day has got this new exciting buzz to it. What will i learn today? Who will i meet today? How do i get from place A to AS7/0126? I quite like it. The dosage of stress is just nice; enough to make me excited, but not crushing.

With my faculty giving us almost ultimate autonomy to when we place our classes. almost because, Well, the only time we can't have classes are on Sunday anyway, i've got my wednesdays free for this semester, and i kinda like it. Its like 2 mini weeks in 1 real week. 2 days, break, 2 days, weekend. Just to catch a breather, and also forseeing weeks ahead, to catch up on readings and assignments.

Today, has been such a day! well, i planned it that way of course, but i woke up at 1230. Don't know why, and then bummed around at home for an hour before heading to Holland Village to meet geoffrey, who skipped his ********** at *** because he was too tired, or was it other reason. I couldn't hear because he was busy MUDDing throughout our coffee time. And the both of us were humming random tunes during the time that we were there, not talking to each other. There were 2 SCGS girls sitting beside us in the adjacent table, who kept looking over for the source of the humming or the out of tune songs. At least thats what geoff thinks they were doing. I personally think that they thought we were good-looking...... I'm serious!

Oh, and did i mention that he was late by about 1 hour? With good reason yes, but LATE!

Geoff, because you were late

Merffery:)
you know, like, cos he looks like a mage? and that merlin is like a mage?
ah well..

Actually, i was quite glad that he was late for such a long time, because it was my first time doing my readings on my laptop, and taking notes with microsoft word. I must say that i feel much better and more satisfied with the aesthetic quality of my notes. For once, there are no cancellations, there are straight rows of words instead of lines that look like they were made of ugly. And also, my words are legible! I can read them later in the semester and not have to try figure out whether i wrote politics or hyundai; because if i wrote it, it might really happen. I always remember what my GP tutor said to me in JC regarding my penmanship.

'your handwriting is so messy and illegible that it looks as if a bunch of spiders fell into a bottle of vodka and then somehow crawled out and died on you paper.'

Ouch right? quite funny the imagery is.

But now technology has enabled me to rise above my handicap! I must say, sitting at coffee bean with my sweater, glasses, large cafe latte and my macbook, i feel smarter already!

'feeling feeling'

No comments: