Tuesday, October 24, 2006

dinner manners

And because of a mocha caramelatte from gloria jean's earlier this evening, i have yet been able to fall asleep. Not that i am super sensitive to caffine or anything, its just that i havent had coffee for quite a long time. Partly due to the coffee at the cookhouse every morning tastes like a mixture of mud and piss.

So since i am awake, i noticed something interesting that happens in almost every family dinner table, especially mine, see if this happens in your family.

(during dinner, after you're done with your initial serving of soup, rice or vege)
mom: would you like to have more soup darling?
son: no mom, i had enough, thanks
mom: oh come on, just a little more......-proceeds to bring pot/bowl closer-
son: -a little more forceful- Mom, i am full already... dont want soup.....
mom: oh come on.. this soup took really long to make. -brings pot even closer-
son: NO MOM!! I DONT WANT ANYMORE SOUP!!!
mom: the ribs inside is very fresh! trust me!
son:-raising his voice- I DONT CARE!! I DONT WANT ANYMORE SOUP!!!!! NO! NO! I WILL POUR THE SOUP AWAY IF IT LANDS IN MY BOWL!
mom:-ladles the soup into bowl-
SON: MOM!!!!! I SAID I DONT WANT ALREADY!! UGGGHHHH!
dad: OI! dont talk to your mother like that!!


So this is what happens in my place.. gee.. now looking at what i typed, i sound really bratty.. oh well.. I DONT WANT MORE SOUP!

No comments: